Improved Racing's Flow Series Motor Sport (FSM) oil thermostat is a universal solution that can be used with any oil cooler on any vehicle or industrial application flowing up to 20 GPM (75.71 LPM).
The device's unique, patented internal design (US patent 9,772,632) ensures a low pressure drop by placing the bypass valve mechanism completely out of the primary oil flow. This arrangement also allows for a compact design.High performance vehicles require large oil coolers to ensure that the oil does not overheat during strenuous use. These coolers also introduce the danger of over-cooling the oil and delaying engine warm-up, resulting in horsepower loss, excessive engine wear and reduced gas mileage. Oil thermostats perform the critical function of bypassing the oil cooler until the oil has reached its minimum operating temperature.
The thermostat features female -10AN O-ring boss threads and is supplied with 10an male straigh to 8an male flare.
Features and Benefits
- Reduces excessive engine wear and horsepower losses while improving gas mileage by preventing oil temperatures from dropping below optimal levels
- Maintains a minimum fluid temperature according to the typical stabilization temp in the table below, +/- 2°F (+/- 1°C)
- Patented, high flow, low pressure drop design locates the valve assembly completely out of the primary fluid flow
- Allows a small percentage (less than 10%) of fluid to continually circulate through the cooler to eliminate air pockets and prevent cold fluid trapped in the cooler from shocking the system
- Thermostat can never fail in such a way that fluid flow is blocked
- 6061-T6 billet aluminum construction with black MIL-A-8625 Type II anodized finish
- Lightweight at just 12.7 ounces (360g) without brackets or fittings
Temperature Rating Specifications
||Typical Stabilization Temp
||Full Flow Temp
||Trans & Diff Fluid